Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Journal Entry #2

What is going well.
I am feeling pretty good about things so far. I've kept up with the assignments and am looking forward to working with and getting to know some other students. I feel like I am learning how to maneuver through the course and find where to post assignments, check e-mail and grades, and so on. The readings have caused me to think and reflect on previous learning and recall prior knowledge.

What is not going so well in the course or frustrations.
As I go in and read the posting of other students, their responses seem very analytical and philosophical. I don't feel that my responses are but that perhaps is not my personality. I think that I worry that I will not appear to be as intelligent or on the same level with other students. I am just hoping that I can keep up with all of the work and show my potential. The Scholarly Paper assignment seems a little overwhelming!

My accomplishments
I have begun communicating with two other students who will be in my group. Often times I am not very outgoing and do not make the first move to communicate. So my initiating some conversations is a good thing. Outside of this class I have some accomplishments that I am proud of also. I am a "technology peer coach" and my primary job is to work with teachers on integrating technology into their teaching. One teacher that I have worked with over the past couple of weeks had never used video, PowerPoint, or other forms of technology with her students. We just did a project where the students created public service announcements. They did brochures, PowerPoints, and videos. The teacher learned how to use her digital projector to present the assignment through a PowerPoint and to present the student's work. She is very proud of her accomplishments and is ready to do more!

My life as an online learner
This is my first online course. I use technology all day long in my job and help teachers to do so also. I am excited about learning new technologies as I work through the course and look forward to being able to share some of those with the teachers and students I work with. I think that I will do well in the course since I am very organized and self motivated.


1 comment:

Mary said...

Blog 2 Response: Thanks for your second blog submission for the journal. I agree that online learning with technology is challenging, especially when we are moving into group work. We are exploring both the theoretical foundations as well as technical for the remainder of the course so hang in there. You are starting to get into the rhythm of course and will do fine as long as you keep up with the quick pace. Let me know how I can help.
Mary